Chapter 2. Developing quality technical information
The evolution in technical information isn’t just about delivery formats. It’s also about refining your ability to write meaningful, quality information.
In embedded contexts, when you’re constrained to a few words, you need to use those words as effectively as possible. How do you develop quality information with so few words? In short, by following the same techniques you use to write separate documentation:
1. Investigating and understanding:
• Users and their skills and knowledge
• Users’ goals, not to be confused with the tasks they do to achieve those goals
• Scenarios for achieving goals
• How the product helps users achieve goals
• Terms and concepts used in the industry
2. Applying ...