Chapter 7. Docker Performance
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Benchmarking CPU performance
- Benchmarking disk performance
- Benchmarking network performance
- Getting container resource usage using the stats feature
- Setting up performance monitoring
In Chapter 3, Working with Docker Images, we saw, how Dockerfiles can be used to create images consisting of different services/software and later in Chapter 4, Network and Data Management for Containers, we saw, how one Docker container can talk to the outside world with respect to data and network. In Chapter 5, Docker Use Cases, we looked into the different use cases of Docker, and in Chapter 6, Docker APIs and Language Bindings, we looked at how to use remote APIs to connect ...