1. Thanks and appreciation to all the clients who let me share their stories and to my colleagues and friends for their support. Special thanks to Peggy Holman for initiating my writing and for initial editing; Gervase Bushe and Bob Marshak for the professional and supportive editing process; Peggy, Gervase, Stefan Cantor, Ora Setter, and Shaily Fremder for their valuable remarks.
2. I view dialogic work as a sequential and spiral process of entering–inviting–including. From this point of view there are three more common entries:
1. The whole system at one or more events—working with the system at large
2. Widening and amplifying the ripple effect of change in many ways
3. Embodying the dialogic pattern as a way of being and doing in the client ...