Right now, Congress, the Fed, and the Treasury are all gambling with your future and your money. And it's contagious. Economies around the globe are suffering from the biggest multitrillion-dollar bets ever wagered on big governments and miraculous financial interventions in pretend "free markets."
One man saw it all coming and told his readers well in advance of today's crisis. Bill Bonner reports on the true health and well-being of the world's largest economy to over half a million readers each day in The Daily Reckoning. His newsletter is to the mainstream financial press what the Gnostic Gospels are to the King James Bible.
Back in 2000, Bill Bonner sounded like a prophet crying in the wilderness. While everyone scrambled to purchase shares of the latest and hottest dot-com, Bill announced his Trade of the Decade: Sell dollars, buy gold. Back in 2000, you could get an ounce for around $264. Today, you could pay as much as $1,400 for that same ounce. Finally, some of Bonner's best pronouncements, predictions, and profitable analysis are collected in one place.
Dice Have No Memory gather's Bonner's richest insights from August 1999 through November 2010 to form a chronological narrative of economics in America.
Here's a fraction of what you'll find inside:
*Gold says "I Told You So"
*Three out of Four Economists Are Wrong
*Imperial Overstretch Marks
*Why Debt Does Matter
*Economic Zombies Shuffle Towards Bankruptcy
Bonner's Dice Have No Memory offers elegies for economists, tips for investors, tirades against wasteful warfare past and present, and practical guides to modern finance with graceful prose, well-earned intelligence, and riotous irreverence. Bill Bonner's common sense genius rips the window dressing off modern finance - a world normally populated by misguided do-gooders, corrupt politicians, and big bankers empowered by dubious "mathematical" truths. The investing game is rigged, just like Monte Carlo.
Instead of giving you magic formulas, this archcontrarian teaches you how to think clearly. And Dice Have No Memory gives today's investor the next moves he should make...before it's too late.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : The Incompetence of Economists
- Chapter 2 : The Maestro’s Last Helipad: The Conspiracy of Greenspan and Bernanke
- Chapter 3 : No Clairvoyants Need Apply
- Chapter 4 : War and Waste
- Chapter 5 : Borrowing against the American Dream
Chapter 6 : The Zombie State: When Government Fails
- Wealth, Poverty, and Blithering Idiots
- Said the Joker to the Thief
- In Gono We Trust
- Welcome to Zombieland
- When Zombies Attack
- Central Planning and the Parasites It Creates
- Government Growth Does Not Equal Economic Growth
- The Zombie Economy
- Economic Zombies Shuffle Toward Bankruptcy
- Tony Hayward Before Congress: No Sympathy for the Oil Man
- Chapter 7 : Back It with Bullion
- Chapter 8 : The Gaucho’s Guide to Investing in Argentina
- Chapter 9 : The Expatriate’s Experiment Abroad
- Chapter 10 : The One Appointment We Must All Keep
- About the Author
- Title: Dice Have No Memory: Big Bets and Bad Economics from Paris to the Pampas
- Release date: April 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470640043
You might also like
The New Trading for a Living: Psychology, Discipline, Trading Tools and Systems, Risk Control, Trade Management
The best-selling trading book of all time—updated for the new era The New Trading for a …
The Intelligent Investor, Rev. Ed
More than one million hardcovers sold Now available for the first time in paperback! The Classic …
Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
The authors of the international bestseller Business Model Generation explain how to create value propositions customers …
Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide
Recent research has shown that organizations continue to experience project issues associated with the poor performance …