• As the amount of consumer-related data has grown, several groups of companies have begun to specialize in collecting, aggregating, and selling that data for profit, including the following:
• The Internet tech companies
• Credit reporting agencies
• Smaller online data tracking groups
• Online customer data is being combined with business customer data in an amalgamation process known as data onboarding.
So far we’ve focused on why the Big Data phenomenon is happening and on the sources and quantity of digital data being produced on the commercial Internet and also in the burgeoning ...