A co-branded book project with Jisc (formerly the Joint Information Systems Commitee), off the back of DigiFest 2014, a digital festival run by Jisc for the first time in 2014. The aim of the book is to bring cutting-edge discussion as heard at DigiFest to the information professional/academic librarian readership. Digital Futures will provide expert briefings to information professionals on the emerging trends in the digital technologies that are transforming teaching and research in higher education.
- Written by subject experts working at the forefront in emerging trends and digital technologies
- Encompasses issues that impact across the higher education institution: learning, research and network security
- Aids strategic thinking and informs decision making
Table of contents
- Cover image
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- About the Editors
- About the Contributors
- Chapter 1. MOOCs
- Chapter 2. Open Access: The Costs and Opportunities
- Chapter 3. Creating Opportunities Through Security
- Chapter 4. Open Data: Higher and Further Education Stepping up to the Challenge
Chapter 5. Enhancing the Digital Student Experience
- 5.1 What Is Changing?
- 5.2 Who Owns the Technology?
- 5.3 How Is Technology Enhancing the Curriculum?
- 5.4 How Is Technology Enhancing Assessment?
- 5.5 How Are Students Engaged in Developing the Digital Student Experience?
- 5.6 What Are the Challenges Facing Institutions?
- 5.7 Principles for Developing an Enhanced Digital Student Experience
- Chapter 6. International Collaboration and the Changing Digital World – Opportunities and Constraints
- Title: Digital Futures
- Release date: July 2015
- Publisher(s): Chandos Publishing
- ISBN: 9780081004005
You might also like
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing People (with featured article “Leadership That Gets Results,” by Daniel Goleman)
Managing people is fraught with challenges—even if you're a seasoned manager. Here's how to handle them. …
To MOOC or Not to MOOC
Scarcely a week goes by without coverage in the UK and international media about the latest …
Trading Commodities and Financial Futures: A Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering the Markets, Fourth Edition
As an asset class, commodities are now as important as stocks and bonds – and with …
Voice User Interface Projects
Develop intelligent voice-empowered applications and Chatbots that not only understand voice commands but also respond to …