If you want to make prototyping a part of your digital design process, now is an excellent time to get started. The market is flush with tools to help you test and refine your interactive design ideas—so many tools, in fact, that choosing among them can be tricky. This practical report takes an in-depth look at five key prototyping tools available today, including Adobe XD, Axure RP, Framer, InVision, and Origami.
Author Jonathan Follett, Principal of Involution Studios and a leader of the firm’s emerging technologies practice, describes each tool in detail, including everything from installation, learnability, and design functionality to collaboration capabilities, product support, and future use. By comparing and contrasting these different applications, you’ll learn when it’s best to use each one, and when it’s best to avoid them.
This report examines:
- How prototyping is critical to the digital design process for iterating and testing
- The pros and cons of using software for prototyping
- The design functionality of each prototyping tool reviewed, including the types of software interactions you can prototype with it
- How long it takes to get up to speed with each tool, and how well each one integrates with your workflow
- The level of support these tools have for collaboration and communication
- How well each prototyping tool works for beginning, intermediate, and advanced users
- Examples of each tool in action
Table of contents
Digital Prototyping Tools: A New Wave of Design Software
- The Designer’s Perspective on Prototyping
- Reviewing and Comparing Five Key Prototyping Tools
- Five Other Prototyping Applications to Try
- Where to Next?
- Title: Digital Prototyping Tools
- Release date: March 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491982365
You might also like
Prototyping for Physical and Digital Products
Prototyping and user testing is the best way to create successful products, but many designers skip …
Do you spend a lot of time during the design process wondering what users really need? …
Axure RP 6 Prototyping Essentials
Creating highly compelling, interactive prototypes with Axure that will impress and excite decision makers Quickly simulate …
Effective Prototyping for Software Makers
Effective Prototyping for Software Makers is a practical, informative resource that will help anyone—whether or not …