Teaches digital signal processing concepts via hands-on examples
The OMAP-L138 eXperimenter is the latest inexpensive DSP development system to be adopted by the Texas Instruments University Program. The OMAP-L138 processor contains both ARM and DSP cores and is aimed at portable and mobile multimedia applications. This book concentrates on the demonstration of real-time DSP algorithms implemented on its C6748 DSP core.
Digital Signal Processing and Applications with the OMAP-L138 eXperimenter provides an extensive and comprehensive set of program examples to aid instructors in teaching DSP in a laboratory using audio frequency signals—making it an ideal text for DSP courses at senior undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Subjects covered include polling-based, interrupt-based, and DMA-based I/O methods, and how real-time programs may be run using the board support library (BSL), the DSP/BIOS real-time operating system, or the DSP/BIOS Platform Support Package.
Analog input and output with the OMAP-L138 eXperimenter
Finite impulse response filters
Infinite impulse response filters
Fast Fourier transform
DSP/BIOS and platform support package
Each chapter begins with a review of background theory and then presents a number of real-time program examples to reinforce understanding of that theory and to demonstrate the use of the OMAP-L138 eXperimenter and Texas Instruments Code Composer Studio integrated development environment.
Table of Contents
- List of Examples
- Chapter 1: OMAP-L138 Development System
- Chapter 2: Analog Input and Output with the OMAP-L138 eXperimenter
- Chapter 3: Finite Impulse Response Filters
- Chapter 4: Infinite Impulse Response Filters
Chapter 5: Fast Fourier Transform
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 DEVELOPMENT OF THE FFT ALGORITHM WITH RADIX-2
- 5.3 DECIMATION-IN-FREQUENCY FFT ALGORITHM WITH RADIX-2
- 5.4 DECIMATION-IN-TIME FFT ALGORITHM WITH RADIX-2
- 5.5 DECIMATION-IN-FREQUENCY FFT ALGORITHM WITH RADIX-4
- 5.6 INVERSE FAST FOURIER TRANSFORM
- 5.7 PROGRAMMING EXAMPLES USING C CODE
- Chapter 6: Adaptive Filters
- Chapter 7: DSP/BIOS and Platform Support Package
- Title: Digital Signal Processing and Applications with the OMAP-L138 eXperimenter
- Release date: March 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470936863