Chapter 1. Getting Started with Direct3D
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Components of Direct3D
- Stages of the programmable pipeline
- Introducing Direct3D 11.1 and 11.2
- Building a Direct3D 11 application with C# and SharpDX
- Initializing a Direct3D 11.1/11.2 device and swap chain
- Debugging your Direct3D application
Direct3D is the component of the DirectX API dedicated to exposing 3D graphics hardware to programmers on Microsoft platforms including PC, console, and mobile devices. It is a native API allowing you to create not only 3D graphics for games, scientific and general applications, but also to utilize the underlying hardware for General-purpose computing on graphics processing units (GPGPU).
Programming with Direct3D ...