Learn to bake in disaster recovery readiness for your vSphere Infrastructure using vCenter SRM 6.1, leveraging array-based replication and vSphere Replication 6.1
About This Book
- This is the first book on the market that provides an extensive disaster recovery solution using the latest vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager
- Master the skills of protecting your virtual machines by replicating and recovering them in seconds
- This practical, step-by-step guide will help you protect all your applications with Site Recovery Manager and Replication
Who This Book Is For
If you are a system administrator who is looking for a disaster recovery solution using the latest VMware vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager, this book is perfect for you. You should have a basic knowledge of virtual machines and data center operations.
What You Will Learn
- Familiarize yourself with disaster recovery concepts and the architecture of vCenter Site Recovery Manager and vSphere Replication.
- Deploy and Configure vCenter Site Recovery Manager to leverage array-based replication and vSphere Replication.
- Use vSphere Replication as a standalone disaster recovery solution.
- Enabling protection of Virtual Machines by creating Protection Groups.
- Enable orchestration of the recovery of protected virtual machines by creating Recovery Plans.
- Migrate virtual machine workload from one site to another using Recovery Plans
- Testing and Performing a failover or failback of Virtual Machines using Recovery Plans
- Enable vRealize Orchestrator Plugins for SRM and vSphere Replication.
VMware vCenter Site Recovery manage is an orchestration tool used to automate disaster recovery in a manner that no other solution does. It is programmed to leverage array-based replication and VMware's proprietary vSphere Replication engine.
The book begins by talking about the architecture of SRM and guides you through the procedures involved in installing and configuring SRM to leverage array-based replication.
You will then learn how to protect your virtual machines by creating Protection Groups and validate their recoverability by testing recovery plans and even performing failover and failback.
Moving on, you will learn how to install and configure vSphere Replication as a standalone disaster recovery solution. It also guides you through the procedures involved in configuring SRM to leverage vSphere replication.
Finally, you will learn how to deploy and configure vRealize Orchestrator and its plugin for SRM and vSphere Replication.
Style and approach
This is a practical, step-by-step guide on implementing a disaster recovery solution for your organization using VMware vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager.
Table of contents
Disaster Recovery Using VMware vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager Second Edition
- Table of Contents
- Disaster Recovery Using VMware vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager Second Edition
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. Installing and Configuring vCenter Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 6.1
- So what exactly are RPO and RTO?
- What is Site Recovery Manager?
- Laying the groundwork for an SRM environment
- Preparing storage for array-based replication
- Host presentation (Zoning) at the protected and the recovery sites
- Pairing SRM sites
- Installing the Storage Replication Adapters
- Adding array managers and enabling array pairs
- Configuring placeholder datastores
- Creating resource, folder, and network mappings
- Virtual machine swap file location
- 2. Creating Protection Groups and Recovery Plans
3. Testing and Performing a Failover and Failback
- Testing a recovery plan
- Performing a planned migration
- Performing a disaster recovery (failover)
- Performing a forced recovery
- Reprotecting an SRM site
- Performing a failback to an SRM protected site
- IPv4 customization rules
- Configuring VM recovery properties
4. Deploying vSphere Replication
- New features in vSphere Replication 6.1
- Understanding the vSphere Replication architecture
- Downloading the vSphere Replication bundle
- Deploying the vSphere Replication Appliance
- Setting the VRA hostname and a VRM site name for the VRA
- Configuring a SQL database for VRMS
- Deploying a vSphere Replication Server
- Registering vSphere Replication Servers
5. Configuring and Using vSphere Replication 6.1
- Adding a remote site as a target
- Configuring replication for a VM to the local/remote site
- How does replication work?
- Using replication seeds
- Monitoring replication
- Reconfiguring replication
- Changing the target datastore
- Pausing an Ongoing replication
- Synchronize Data Immediately
- Stopping replication on a VM
- Moving replication to another VR Server
- Recovering virtual machines
- Configuring failback for VMs
- Using SRM with vSphere Replication
6. Using vRealize Orchestrator (vRO) to Automate SRM and vSphere Replication
Deploying and configuring vRealize Orchestrator
- Downloading vRealize Orchestrator
- Deploying vRealize Orchestrator
- Using the vRealize Orchestrator client
- Configuring vRealize Orchestrator
- Enabling vRealize Orchestration for a vCenter
- Install vRealize Orchestrator plugins for SRM and vSphere Replication
- Troubleshooting SRM and vSphere Replication
- Deploying and configuring vRealize Orchestrator
- Title: Disaster Recovery Using VMware vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager - Second Edition
- Release date: October 2016
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781785886096
You might also like
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning for IT Professionals, 2nd Edition
Powerful Earthquake Triggers Tsunami in Pacific. Hurricane Isaac Makes Landfall in the Gulf Coast. Wildfires Burn …
IBM Db2 11.1 Certification Guide
Mastering material for dealing with DBA certification exams About This Book Prepare yourself for the IBM …
Kubernetes - A Complete DevOps Cookbook
Leverage Kubernetes and container architecture to successfully run production-ready workloads Key Features Implement Kubernetes to orchestrate …
Virtualization Essentials, 2nd Edition
Learn virtualization skills by building your own virtual machine Virtualization Essentials, Second Edition provides new and …