MOVING BEYOND IMMEDIATE NEEDS
Damage Assessment, Disaster Declarations, and Debris Removal
Pretest to assess your knowledge on additional functions including damage assessment, disaster declarations, and debris removal.Determine where you need to concentrate your effort.
What You'll Learn in This Chapter
- The importance of damage assessment
- Challenges of assessing damages
- Procedures for conducting damage assessment
- The benefit of federal disaster declarations
- The difficulty of dealing with disaster debris
- Methods and regulations to manage debris effectively
- Regulations governing debris management
After Studying This Chapter, You'll Be Able To
- Compare the different types of damage assessments.
- Categorize the distinct methods for assessing damages after a disaster.
- Examine ways to protect those involved in damage assessment.
- Initiate the process for seeking federal disaster declarations.
- Explain why debris management is so important after a disaster.
- Understand the types of debris produced in disasters.
- Illustrate the steps that can be taken to manage debris effectively.
Goals and Outcomes
- Predict typical challenges facing those assessing damages.
- Formulate damage assessments successfully and safely.
- Assess the importance of federal disaster declarations for disaster recovery.
- Request a federal disaster declaration.
- Declare how to deal with debris management problems.
- Manage debris operations in accordance with federal regulations.
To promote disaster ...