An evidence-based approach to improving the practice of graduate management education
Compiled by the Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®) and with contributions by administrators and professors from the top global MBA programs, this book provides business school decision-makers with an evidence-based approach to improving the practice of graduate management education. The book is designed to help navigate the pressures and create revolutionary platforms that leverage a school's unique competitive advantage in a design distinctly tailored for today's business realities.
Offers a unique handbook for improving graduate management education
Contains contributions from an international group of deans and professors that lead MBA programs
Sponsored by GMAC, owner of the Graduate Management Admission Test® (GMAT®) exam used by over 5,000 programs worldwide
This important resource gives academics a proven approach for improving graduate-level management programs.
Table of contents
- Title page
- Copyright page
- Introduction: The Change Imperative
- 1: Ensuring and Enhancing Future Value
2: Framing and Making Strategic Choices
- Key Topics Covered in This Chapter
- Four Forces That Make Clear Positioning Vital
- Framing Choices About Positioning
- Whom Does the School Serve?
- What Does the School Do?
- How Does the School Deliver Programs?
- Where Does the School Deliver Programs?
- Who Delivers Programs?
- How Big Is the School?
- How Is the School Organized and Managed?
- How Is the School Funded?
- How Will the School Move to the Target Positioning?
- How Do We Best Make Decisions on Strategic Positioning?
- Different Purposes, Different Choices
- Summing Up
- 3: Managing Aspirations, Resources, and Cost Structures
- 4: Intellectual Signatures: Impact on Relevance and Doctoral Programs
- 5: Curriculum Matters: Toward a More Holistic Graduate Management Education
- 6: Overlooked and Unappreciated: What Research Tells Us About How Teaching Must Change
- 7: Student Engagement: Selection, Management, and Outcomes
- 8: Reclaiming Quality in Graduate Management Education
- About the Contributors
- Name Index
- Subject Index
- Title: Disrupt or Be Disrupted: A Blueprint for Change in Management Education
- Release date: August 2013
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9781118602393
You might also like
How to Solve Almost Any Problem
Problems block and slow down your progress; here’s how to overcome them–simply, efficiently and effectively. This …
Creative writing may be the ultimate form of self-expression. Whether the reader is a creative writing …
Everything I Know About Success I Learned from Napoleon Hill: Essential Lessons for Using the Power of Positive Thinking
In 1937, Napoleon Hill changed the world with THINK AND GROW RICH. . . Now his …
Critical Thinking Skills For Dummies
Turbocharge your reasoning with Critical Thinking Just what are the ingredients of a great argument? What …