Intellectual Signatures: Impact on Relevance and Doctoral Programs
Key Topics Covered in This Chapter
- How academic discipline came to shape development of business schools
- Evolution of the intellectual signature at four U.S. doctoral programs
- Rigor versus relevance: reconsidering relationship between problematics and methodologies
- History of business school research methodologies
- Managing doctoral programs effectively to contribute to schools' intellectual signatures
Even though college-level business education has been available in the United States since the late 1800s, its academic quality and business value have remained generally suspect. Likewise, faculty training and selection, ...