Curriculum Matters: Toward a More Holistic Graduate Management Education
Key Topics Covered in This Chapter
- Why curricular choices are important
- Content of the typical graduate management core curriculum
- Imbalance between core curricula and needs of employers and other constituents
- Role of extra- or co-curricular activities in graduate management programs
- Challenges and opportunities in curricular design
It is hard to think of any aspect of management education that is more important than the curriculum. Critics point to the prototypical MBA curriculum as a central reason that graduates display lax ethics; weak interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills; limited awareness ...