There is a set of annotations defined by JAX-RS under the javax.ws.rs package that you can use to build RESTful web services. The following table defines of some important annotations:
To build a RESTful web service based on JAX-RS, perform the following steps:
- Define the remote server component.
- Implement the deployment descriptor configurations.
- Write the web component that is the default home page of the web service application.
- Write the client program to consume the web service.
- The first step is to define the remote server component for the RESTful ...