Be human. It’s the only way to get ahead in business today.
Competition today is fiercer than ever. It seems that every job candidate is flashing a world-class resume and every business competitor is the absolute best at what they do.
Don’t be fooled. People exaggerate. And don’t be discouraged. By revealing stories of failures, setbacks, and personal flaws without shame or fear, you exhibit greater self-confidence than your competition. You cultivate connections with serious, smart people, and you build loyalty that lasts.
Ditch the Act shows how to present your humanness—imperfect and flawed but honest, resilient, and willing to learn—in strategic ways to achieve clear, defined goals. It provides an actionable program for building an authentic, long-lasting personal brand, explaining why exposure is important and how it cultivates more durable connections than any polished persona can.
By creating a personal brand that’s honest and authentic and that reveals personal struggles, you’ll build stronger, longer-lasting relationships—and achieve greater success.
Careers and businesses based on authenticity and truth aren’t just more rewarding than those founded on hyperbole and the “hard sell.” Because they’re founded on durable, robust relationships, they’re rock-solid—and better withstand business uncertainty and tough times.
Ditch the act, be real—and jump ahead of the competition before they even know you are there.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Foreword by Keith Ferrazzi
- PART 1 YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE ANYONE BUT YOURSELF
- PART 2 LET YOUR FEARS GUIDE YOU
PART 3 REVEAL YOUR WHOLE SELF
- Chapter 9 Step One: Positioning Is an Art Form
- Chapter 10 Step Two: Discover What Makes You Stand Out
- Chapter 11 Step Three: Overcome Fear and Share
- Chapter 12 Step Four: Focus on Form, Not Force
- Chapter 13 Step Five: Make Eye Contact with the Camera
- Chapter 14 Step Six: Be Consistent with Content
- Chapter 15 Step Seven: Keep It Social
- Chapter 16 Step Eight: Sequential Steps Create Success
- Chapter 17 Your Success Is Half the Story
- About the Authors
- Title: Ditch the Act: Reveal the Surprising Power of the Real You for Greater Success
- Release date: October 2019
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781260454383
You might also like
What skills will matter most for work, business and life in the future? Where should you …
“Ed Hess's Hyper-Learning is uniquely practical and is the essential starting point for charting new ways …
Soft Skills to Advance Your Developer Career: Actionable Steps to Help Maximize Your Potential
As a software developer, your technical skill set is in high demand. Devices and technology have …
Codeless Data Structures and Algorithms : Learn DSA Without Writing a Single Line of Code
In the era of self-taught developers and programmers, essential topics in the industry are frequently learned …