BUILD YOUR OWN REMOTE-CONTROLLED AIRPLANES QUICKLY, EASILY, AND INEXPENSIVELY!
Take to the skies with a majestic motorized model aircraft you create and pilot yourself. Written by the founder of the Brooklyn Aerodrome, DIY RC Airplanes from Scratch shows you how to build a Flack (Flying + Hack) delta wing from the ground up using widely available, low-cost materials and tools. You'll also learn the skills you need to get your plane into the air and keep it there. By the end of the book, you'll be able to create your own customized designs. The sky's the limit!
Discover how to:
- Select the components you’ll need and get them at a low cost
- Build a sturdy deck and secure all of your airplane's electronics to it
- Construct the airframe with the proper trim and center of gravity
- Learn to fly--one crash at a time
- Diagnose and repair your airplane
- Decorate your aircraft for dazzling daytime flights
- Illuminate a night flyer with otherworldly effects
- Experiment with unique airframe shapes, including the Flying Heart, the Bat, and the Manta Ray
- Learn the basics of aerodynamics
- Devise, build, and fly your own unique designs
Companion videos available at http://brooklynaerodrome.com/bible