An inspiring, practical and progress-oriented blueprint for energetic achievement.
Amid constant swirl, uncertainty, and complexity is your team capable of doing big things? Too often people are pulled together, labeled a “team,” given a directive, and expected to deliver results quickly. Soon, however, due to lack of focus, increasing pressures and competing priorities the team suffers from DSD: distracted, hopelessly stressed and disconnected from one another. Predictably, the team flatlines and the energy needed to succeed is lost.
Based upon research of what successful teams do to overcome severe odds, Do Big Things presents an intuitive, seven-step process that equips teams with how to quickly and consistently operate in a manner necessary for success.
Team members develop the self-awareness and ability to:
- Bring their best to every situation
- Bring out the best in others in every interaction
- Partner across the business to deliver common objectives
Filled with practical tools and engaging stories of teams today, Do Big Things equips leaders with “the how” to quickly identify and activate the behaviors needed to achieve more than you or your team ever thought possible. Idea and information exchanges interlock the hand, head and heart of each team member to get everyone moving toward a common goal. Increasingly, individually and collectively, the team becomes emotionally stronger and more productive as they do their work.
Do Big Things provides your team with the common language necessary to be authentic, empathetic and transparent, so that potential barriers to success come to light – faster. This empowers the team to be more accountable with an enterprise mindset, because they can have the profound discussions needed to adapt quicker to unforeseen challenges and demonstrate an innovative reflex.
By applying the concepts in this book, the team’s daily interactions are transformed, focus is sustained, and energetic progress toward your goals is triggered. Every member of your team wants to succeed. Do Big Things provides a straightforward method to bring greater meaning to the work everyone does so the team delivers extraordinary performance together.
You know what your team can achieve—now use the proven method to enable them to do it.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Read Me First
- Chapter 1: Teams That Do Big Things
- Chapter 2: Teams That Flatline
- Chapter 3: Commit to the Human Imperative
- Chapter 4: Embody Success (and Leverage Failure)
- Chapter 5: Choose to Contribute, Activate, and Connect Across the Business
- Chapter 6: Exercise Your Barrier-Breaking Authority
- Chapter 7: Focus on What Matters
- Chapter 8: Energize Around a Shared Reality
- Chapter 9: Mobilize Hearts and Minds Forward
- Chapter 10: Is Your Team Ready to Do Big Things?
- What Big Things Will Your Team Do?
- Key Terms and List of Tools
- About the Authors
- Title: Do Big Things
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119361152
You might also like
What skills will matter most for work, business and life in the future? Where should you …
The Rules of Thinking
The Rules of Thinking
Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
The authors of the international bestseller Business Model Generation explain how to create value propositions customers …
Ten skills for agile leadership Complex challenges are all around us—they impact our companies, our communities, …