Spring itself is a very popular Java-based framework for building web and enterprise applications. It's not only the Spring Core, which focuses on dependency injection. Spring Framework provides a lot of features that can make a developer's life easier out of the box and allows you to deliver needed features faster. The list is long; here are just a few examples:
- Spring data: Simplifies data access from relational and NoSQL data stores
- Spring batch: Provides a powerful batch processing framework
- Spring security: Provides numerous ways to secure applications
- Spring social: Supports integration with social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, GitHub, and so on
- Spring integration: An implementation of enterprise integration ...