Chapter 12. First-class configuration abstractions
This chapter covers
- The problems configuration and secrets solve and the forms those solutions take
- Modeling and solving configuration problems for Docker services
- The challenge of delivering secrets to applications
- Modeling and delivering secrets to Docker services
- Approaches for using configurations and secrets in Docker services
Applications often run in multiple environments and must adapt to different conditions in those environments. You may run an application locally, in a test environment integrated with collaborating applications and data sources, and finally in production. Perhaps you deploy an application instance for each customer in order to isolate or specialize each customer’s ...
Get Docker in Action, Second Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.