Chapter 12. Clusters with Machine and Swarm
This chapter covers
- Creating virtual machines running Docker with Docker Machine
- Integrating with and managing remote Docker daemons
- An introduction to Docker Swarm clusters
- Provisioning whole Swarm clusters with Docker Machine
- Managing containers in a cluster
- Swarm solutions to container scheduling and service discovery
The bulk of this book is about interacting with Docker on a single machine. In the real world, you’ll work with several machines at the same time. Docker is a great building block for creating large-scale server software. In such environments, you encounter all sort of new problems that aren’t addressed by the Docker engine directly.
How can a user launch an environment where ...