Chapter 5. Running containers
This chapter covers
- Using GUI applications within Docker
- Retrieving information about containers
- The different ways you can terminate containers
- Starting containers on a remote machine
- Using and managing Docker volumes for persistent shared data
- Learning your first Docker patterns: the data and dev tools containers
You can’t get very far without running containers when using Docker, and there’s a lot to understand if you want to use the
full power they make available.
This chapter will look at some of the details involved in running containers, examine some concrete use cases, and provide
a thorough treatment of the possibilities enabled by volumes along the way.
5.1. Running containers ...