Chapter 9. Continuous delivery: A perfect fit for Docker principles
- The Docker contract between dev and ops
- Taking manual control over build availability across environments
- Moving builds between environments over low-bandwidth connections
- Centrally configuring all containers in an environment
- Achieving zero-downtime deployment with Docker
Once you’re confident that all of your builds are being quality-checked with a consistent CI process, the logical next step is to start looking at deploying every good build to your users. This goal is known as continuous delivery (CD).
In this chapter we’ll refer to your “CD pipeline”—the process your build goes through after it comes out of your “CI pipeline.” ...