Innovate for the future or optimize the present? Reach new markets or build existing ones?
Don’t choose. Don’t settle. Do both.
In Doing Both: Capturing Today’s Profit and Driving Tomorrow’s Growth, Cisco Senior Vice President Inder Sidhu shows you how. Over the past seven years, Cisco’s Doing Both strategy has doubled revenue, tripled profits, and quadrupled earnings per share. This insider guide reveals how Cisco did it—and how you can, too.
Doing Both means approaching every decision as an opportunity to seize, not a sacrifice to endure. It means avoiding false choices, reduced expectations, and weak compromises. It means finding ways to make each option benefit and mutually reinforce the other.
Sidhu explains why “doing both” is today’s best growth strategy. Drawing on Cisco’s hard-won insights and the experiences of companies like Procter & Gamble, Whirlpool, and Harley-Davidson, he presents a complete blueprint for “doing both” in your company, through:
· Sustaining and Disruptive Innovation
· Existing and New Business Models
· Optimization and Reinvention
· Satisfied Customers and Gratified Partners
· Established and Emerging Countries
· Doing Things Right and Doing What Matters
· Superstar Performers and Winning Teams