DSP in Embedded Systems: A Roadmap
DSP Software development for embedded systems follows the standard hardware/software co-design model for embedded systems as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: DSP Software Development Following the Embedded HW/SW Co-design Model
The development process can be divided into six phases;
• Phase 1; Product Specification
• Phase 2; Algorithmic Modeling
• Phase 3; HW/SW Partitioning
• Phase 4; Iteration and Selection
• Phase 5; Real-Time SW Design
• Phase 6; HW/SW Integration
This book will cover each of these important phases of DSP Software Development.
Phase 1 – Product Specification
Phase 1 is an overview of embedded ...