Whether you're frustrated with current PC offerings (and their
inflated prices) or are simply looking for a cool project to take
on, building a computer from the ground up using off-the-shelf
parts can offer significant advantages. In these pages, computer
dudes Darrel Wayne Creacy and Carlito Vicencio
outline those advantages and then show you how to build the
computer of your dreams.
The pair begins by explaining what components make up a PC and what you need to think about when selecting those components, before helping you determine your needs and suggesting various configurations to fit those uses. Breaking the process down into its simplest terms, the authors provide component lists for a number of different PC setups: for students, home users, multimedia/home-theater enthusiasts, high-end graphic/video/audio producers, and more.
Using plain language and plenty of visual and instructional aids--photos, illustrations, diagrams, step-by-step directions, and more--the authors ensure that even someone (like you!) who knows nothing about technology can build the perfect PC!
On a more personal note, the authors are donating a percentage of their income from this book to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation–to thank all the women in their lives who have supported them and battled the disease. For more information about BCRF, please visit http://www.bcrfcure.org/.
Table of contents
- A Special Gift to The Women In Our Lives
- About the Authors
- Why Build Your Own PC?
- Parts Are Parts: A Look Under the Hood
- What Kind of User Are You?
- The Home Office PC
- The Gamer
- The Multimedia PC
- The Ultimate Dude
- The Little Dude
- Building A Gamer
- Building A Little Dude
- My computer won't turn on
- My keyboard won't work. Or maybe it's my mouse that's busted?
- My computer turns on, but nothing happens on the screen
- I get a Non-System Disk Error when I try to boot up
- My sound doesn't work. Seriously, I can't hear a thing
- My PC boots up, but then it starts beeping and doesn't get past the first screen
- Windows freezes up on installation
- Title: Dude, You can do it! How to build a Sweet PC
- Release date: May 2005
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780321334169
You might also like
Full Stack Web Development Mastery Course - Novice to Expert
Full stack development refers to the development of both frontend (client-side) and backend (server-side) portions of …
How to Do Nothing
A galvanizing critique of the forces vying for our attention-and our personal information-that redefines what we …
Fall in Love with the Problem, Not the Solution
Unicorns-companies that reach a valuation of more than $1 billion-are rare. Uri Levine has built two. …
Digital technology runs on algorithms, sets of instructions that describe how to do something efficiently. Application …