Take a deep dive into the many uses of dynamic SQL in Microsoft SQL Server. This edition has been updated to use the newest features in SQL Server 2016 and SQL Server 2017 as well as incorporating the changing landscape of analytics and database administration. Code examples have been updated with new system objects and functions to improve efficiency and maintainability.
Executing dynamic SQL is key to large-scale searching based on user-entered criteria. Dynamic SQL can generate lists of values and even code with minimal impact on performance. Dynamic SQL enables dynamic pivoting of data for business intelligence solutions as well as customizing of database objects. Yet dynamic SQL is feared by many due to concerns over SQL injection or code maintainability.
Dynamic SQL: Applications, Performance, and Security in Microsoft SQL Server helps you bring the productivity and user-satisfaction of flexible and responsive applications to your organization safely and securely. Your organization’s increased ability to respond to rapidly changing business scenarios will build competitive advantage in an increasingly crowded and competitive global marketplace. With a focus on new applications and modern database architecture, this edition illustrates that dynamic SQL continues to evolve and be a valuable tool for administration, performance optimization, and analytics.
What You'ill Learn
- Build flexible applications that respond to changing business needs
- Take advantage of creative, innovative, and productive uses of dynamic SQL
- Know about SQL injection and be confident in your defenses against it
- Address performance concerns in stored procedures and dynamic SQL
- Troubleshoot and debug dynamic SQL to ensure correct results
- Automate your administration of features within SQL Server
Developers and database administrators looking to hone and build their T-SQL coding skills. The book is ideal for developers wanting to plumb the depths of application flexibility and troubleshoot performance issues involving dynamic SQL. The book is also ideal for programmers wanting to learn what dynamic SQL is about and how it can help them deliver competitive advantage to their organizations.
Table of contents
- Front Matter
- 1. What Is Dynamic SQL?
- 2. Protecting Against SQL Injection
- 3. Large Scale Searching
- 4. Permissions and Security
- 5. Managing Scope
- 6. Performance Optimization
- 7. Scalable Dynamic Lists
- 8. Parameter Sniffing
- 9. Dynamic Pivot and Unpivot
- 10. Solving Common Problems
- 11. Applications of Dynamic SQL
- 12. Index Usage and Maintenance
- Back Matter
- Title: Dynamic SQL: Applications, Performance, and Security in Microsoft SQL Server
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484243183
You might also like
"Practical SQL is an approachable and fast-paced guide to SQL (Structured Query Language), the standard programming …
Exam Ref 70-761 Querying Data with Transact-SQL, 1st Edition
Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-761–and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of SQL Server 2016 Transact-SQL data …
Microservices Patterns teaches you how to develop and deploy production-quality microservices-based applications. This invaluable set of …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …