Is your business website a money pit?
A source of frustration? A time-waster?
Does your business even have an online presence?
It's time to get your website working for you and making money.
The web and social media have become the new shopfronts where customers, staff and suppliers look to find people to do business with. eBu$iness will help anyone who wants to set up and maintain a professional web presence by showing you how to:
register an effective domain name
set up your own free or cheap website
use social media to your advantage
optimise your website so that search engines and customers can find you
take advantage of free local listing services
and much more.
Whether you already have a website or you're just starting out, eBu$iness gives you the tools and know-how to save time and money, and will help you to grow your business and make a profit.
Table of contents
- Table of Contents
- Title Page
- About the author
- Chapter 1: Define your business
- Step 1: The free web tools
- Chapter 2: Local directories
- Chapter 3: Social media
- Chapter 4: Blogging platforms
- Step 2: The name
- Chapter 5: What's in a name?
- Chapter 6: Types of domain
- Chapter 7: Choosing a registrar
- Step 3: The technology
- Chapter 8: Hosting your site
- Chapter 9: Site platforms
- Step 4: The look
- Chapter 10: Designing a website
- Chapter 11: The content
- Chapter 12: Payment options
- Chapter 13: Tracking progress
- Step 5: Getting your name out
- Chapter 14: Search engine optimisation
- Chapter 15: Paid advertising
- Step 6: Creating fans and customers
- Chapter 16: Social media rules
- Chapter 17: Staying in touch
- Step 7: Staying relevant
- Chapter 18: Ongoing maintenance
- Chapter 19: Future opportunities
- Appendix A: Getting Australian Business Online
- Appendix B: Choosing a consultant
- Title: eBu$iness: 7 steps to getting your small business online and making money now!
- Release date: August 2011
- Publisher(s): Wrightbooks
- ISBN: 9780730376255
You might also like
Mastering Node.js - Second Edition
Expert techniques for building fast servers and scalable, real-time network applications with minimal effort; rewritten for …
Application Development for IBM WebSphere Process Server 7 and Enterprise Service Bus 7
A Service Oriented Architecture approach has many benefits for your applications, including flexibility, reusability, and increased …
React Native Cookbook - Second Edition
Improve your React Native mobile development skills or transition from web development to mobile development with …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …