68 eClient 101 Customization and Integration
cm02. The application server name must be unique in the WebSphere
Before creating an eClient cluster server, you should test if the standard eClient
installation completed successfully on machine cm02. This may be done with the
1. On the Deployment Manager node (machine cm02), launch the Network
Deployment Administrative Console. Click Start -> Programs -> IBM
WebSphere -> Application Server v5.0 -> Network Deployment
2. In the Network Deployment Administrative Console, select Servers ->
Application Servers in the Navigation pane on the left.
3. A list of servers appears in the Nodes window on the right. eClient_Server is
one of the servers on node cm02. See Figure 3-6 on page 67.
4. Select server eClient_Server and click Start to start the eClient server.
5. Follow the steps in 3.8, “Configuring HTTP Web server” on page 73 to
regenerate the Web server plug-in.
6. Open a browser on any machine and enter http://cm01/eClient82/IDMInit.
This should lead you to the eClient logon window.
7. If eClient does not work on cm02, you may consider removing the eClient
application server. Then, manually deploy it again in the following steps:
a. Open a command window.
b. Run the command cd c:\CmeClient\Save.
c. Run the command idmwas.bat [userid] [password] to deploy it again.
To verify the eClient installation on machine cm04, check to make sure the
C:\CMeClient directory and its subdirectory have been created.
3.7 Creating eClient cluster server
Up to this point, you have all the necessary components to create the eClient
cluster server. The WebSphere Application Server and Network Deployment
environment have been configured. EIP and eClient have been installed on each
node in the cell. The eClient has been deployed on node cm02, but not on node
Tip: It is not a failure that the eClient server is not automatically deployed in
Webpshere on node cm04.