Chapter 16. Integrating with e-mail server 393
16.2 Configuring eClient to enable the e-mail feature
You must set three parameters in the IDM.properties file to enable e-mailing
documents through eClient. By default, the IDM.properties file is in the
emailenabled: Set to true to enable e-mail; set to false to disable it.
mailUser: Set to a valid user ID on the mail server; returned mail goes to the
mailHost: Set to the IP address or fully qualified host name of the SMTP mail
Example 16-1 is a portion of a sample IDM.properties file.
Example 16-1 Sample IDM.properties file
16.3 E-mailing documents as attachment
After configuration changes are made in the IDM.properties file, you need to
make the new changes effective. If you do not have Property Daemon enabled,
you must stop the eClient application server and restart it:
1. Open a command window.
2. Run the command cd c:\CMeClient\Save.
3. Run the command stopIDMServer.bat to stop the server.
4. Run the command cd c:\CMeClient\Save.
5. Run the command startIDMServer.bat to restart the server.
Now, you are ready to e-mail stored documents in Content Manager as
1. Open a browser and enter http://<hostname>/eClient82/IDMInit.
2. Enter the user ID and password. Select serverICMNLSDB(CM8). Click OK.
3. Log on to eClient.
4. Click Search on the eClient home page.
5. Select the NOINDEX item type.