Book DescriptionYour formula for managing innovation and transforming learning
#EdJourney: A Roadmap to the Future of Education is a refreshing change from the negativity so common in the world of education today. Over the course of a 3-month solo road trip across the United States, author Grant Lichtman discovered that there is much to be positive about in today's K-12 schools. Lichtman, one of the country's leading experts in educational innovation, interviewed over 600 teachers, administrators, students, parents, and trustees to find out what kind of innovations they're doing right—and how others can leverage their successes.
Innovation in education takes hard work, planning, and cooperation. With examples from around the country and findings from the latest education research, #EdJourney maps out how administrators and teachers can embrace the innovation process that schools and learners need now. Today's 21st century education presents unique challenges and opportunities to students, and this is a trailblazing practical guide to making sure education is ready for the future. #EdJourney focuses on four key questions:
- What new learning strategies are the top schools implementing to prepare our students for their future rather than for our past?
- How do teachers and administrators manage transitions to new types of teaching and learning?
- What are the key obstacles to shifting away from the assembly line model of education?
- How can we all leverage the lessons of success from the most innovative schools?
The concrete examples and advice in this book will help you bring innovation and educational design concepts into your school. #EdJourney goes beyond the theoretical need for change—by now a familiar topic to almost everyone—and takes a real-world approach to achieving transformative education in any school.
Table of Contents
- About the Author
Part One: Roadblocks
- Chapter 1: Time
- Chapter 2: People
- Chapter 3: Leadership
- Chapter 4: Structure
- Chapter 5: More Bumps in the Road
Part Two: Blazing the Trail
- Chapter 6: Schools Are More Dynamic
- Chapter 7: Schools Are More Adaptable
- Chapter 8: Schools Are More Permeable
- Chapter 9: Schools Are More Creative
- Chapter 10: Schools Are Self-Correcting
Part Three: The Road Ahead
- Chapter 11: The Existential Challenge for Schools
- Chapter 12: Leaving the Past Behind
- Chapter 13: A Better Model
- Chapter 14: Taking Action
- Chapter 15: Signposts
- End User License Agreement
- Title: #EdJourney
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9781119422921