This opening chapter broadly describes the philosophies and practices in the advertising world. It also explains several key terminologies widely used in the advertising industry. Specifically, it answers the following questions:
• How is advertising commonly defined?
• How has the Internet changed the advertising business in general?
• Why is advertising a combination of strategic thinking and creative work?
• How should an advertising campaign be executed?
• How should an advertising campaign’s effectiveness be measured?
What Exactly Is Advertising?
Since this book explains how to select and implement an effective advertising strategy, the first thing that I need to ...