This chapter discusses a few issues in the process of incorporating consumer insights into advertising. It also explains why expert and novice consumers should be differentiated in the communication process. Specifically, it answers the following questions:
• How to match an advertising message to the consumers’ preferences?
• How to frame an advertising message in a persuasive way?
• How to deliver an advertising message in the right context and at the right time?
• Why should a company ask expert consumers to offer opinions on the advertising content, framing, medium, and timing?
• Why shouldn’t a company ask novice consumers to offer opinions on the advertising content, framing, ...