As with other MLaaS providers and AWS services, Amazon ML only charges for what you consume.
The cost is broken down into the following:
- An hourly rate for the computing time used to build predictive models
- A prediction fee per thousand prediction samples
- And in the context of real-time (streaming) predictions, a fee based on the memory allocated upfront for the model
The computational time increases as a function of the following:
- The complexity of the model
- The size of the input data
- The number of attributes
- The number and types of transformations applied
At the time of writing, these charges are as follows:
- $0.42 per hour for data analysis and model building fees
- $0.10 per 1,000 predictions for batch predictions
- $0.0001 per ...