The TRACKER model
A common misconception of networking is that it is only a business tool. The TRACKER model is a useful model for describing the varied purposes of networking and range of options available to you. This model was developed by Bobo West (www.bobowest.com) and the acronym is made up as follows:
- Transactions – buying, selling, getting a job, getting a contract, advertising, etc.
- Relationships – business, music, friendship, romance, hobbies, college, etc.
- Awareness – campaigns, aid, human rights, climate change, politics, etc.
- Care – medical, recovery programmes, mental health, self-help, etc.
- Knowledge – learning networks, research, ...