After reading this chapter, you will be familiar with:
- The meaning and definition of communication
- The dimensions and models of communication
- The basic forms and processes of communication
- Factors influencing communication
- Importance of communication in the academic setting
Expression is the basic tenet of human communication. It is generally achieved either through signs or speech or by the method of writing. In order to express what we need, our signs, speech or writing should be meaningful. In other words, our communication should be effective; otherwise we fail to receive what we want. All means of communication should therefore be clear enough to stimulate action. Poor communication will only ...