Psychology and Communication
After reading this chapter, you will be familiar with:
- Models of impression formation
- Personality and communication
- Motivation and communication
- Values, beliefs, and attitudes
- Emotion and communication
COMMUNICATION: A CHAIN OF REACTIONS
Communication is the basis of all interactions. The body is an important tool of communication. The psychology of communication includes different stages of interaction in an individual such as:
- Absorption of external information: Absorption occurs through sense organs when we simply absorb the sounds and colours, the spoken elements, and all facts provided to us. Absorption is an objective process.
- Interpretation of the stimuli received: Interpretation involves analyzing external ...