The second e-commerce site that you will develop with the help of this book will sell physical products: coffee (beans, not brewed!) and coffee-related goodies. The Coffee site will have these primary features:
• Increased complexity in the use of HTML, PHP, and MySQL
• Browsable catalog, complete with sales information
• User’s shopping cart and wish-list feature
• Inline payment processing via Authorize.net
• Administrative ability to create products, discount items, manage inventory, and process orders
The five chapters in Part Three, “Selling Physical Products,” of this book will walk you through this combination of common e-commerce features and more advanced techniques. As a fail-safe, I’ll present ...