Developing a stateless session bean
In this section, we develop the Banking session bean. The sequence of operations is:
- Create a project for session EJBs. We could use the same project as for the CMP entity beans, but using a separate project makes it easier to navigate the code in Application Developer.
- Create the session bean using the EJB wizard.
- Define EJB references to access the CMP entity beans.
- Implement the business logic.
Creating an EJB project for the session bean
We add the session bean to a new EJB module named ItsoBank5SessionEJB. To create the EJB module and link it to the existing ItsoBank5EAR enterprise application, do the following:
- Select File -> New -> Project -> EJB -> EJB Project. Click Next.
- Select Create 2.0 EJB Project ...