Chapter 2. Indexing Your Data
In the previous chapter, we learned what full text search is and how Apache Lucene fits there. We were introduced to the basic concepts of Elasticsearch and we are now familiar with its top-level architecture, so we know how it works. We used the REST API to index data, to update it, to delete it, and of course to retrieve it. We searched our data with the simple URI query and we used versioning that allowed us to use optimistic locking functionality. By the end of this chapter, you will have learned the following topics:
- Basic information about Elasticsearch indexing
- Adjusting Elasticsearch schema-less behavior
- Creating your own mappings
- Using out of the box analyzers
- Configuring your own analyzers
- Index data in batches ...