OBJECTIVES: After studying this chapter, you will be able to
- Describe what an inverter is
- Make a single-phase square-wave inverter
- Understand a three-phase inverter
- Define terms such as firing angle and freewheel diode and their purposes
- Describe how output of a rectifier is controlled
- Describe how output of an inverter is controlled
- Explain what a power converter is
- Describe the structure of a thyristor-based converter
- Explain how a converter can be used as a rectifier or as an inverter
- Define pulse width modulation
- Define what pulse width modulation can be used for
- Understand single-phase and three-phase use of inverters based on PWM
- Define amplitude and frequency modulation ratios
New terms: Amplitude modulation ratio, ...
Get Electricity and Electronics for Renewable Energy Technology now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.