OBJECTIVES: After studying this chapter, you will be able to
- Explain binary, hexadecimal, and octal number systems
- Explain the practical importance of all those number systems
- Write decimal numbers in binary, octal, and hexadecimal systems and convert those to decimal numbers
- Define bit, byte, word, LSB, MSB, overflow, flag, microprocessor, and microcontroller
- Understand conversion from an analog measurement to a digital number
- Describe the relationship between precision in measurement and the number of bits of digital representation of the measured value
- Define and use DAC, ADC, A/D, and D/A
- Define signed and unsigned numbers and their application in measurement of physical systems
- Do basic arithmetic operations in binary ...
Get Electricity and Electronics for Renewable Energy Technology now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.