4DC and AC Electricity
OBJECTIVES: After studying this chapter, you will be able to
- Differentiate between two main types of electricity
- Define direct current electricity
- Define alternative current electricity
- Explain what an electric circuit is
- Draw a schematic representation of an electric circuit
- Understand the basic components in any electric device or circuit
- Describe what a resistor in an electric circuit is and what effect it has on the circuit
- Describe what an inductor is and what it does
- Describe what a capacitor is and its role in electricity
- Describe resistance
- Explain what inductance is and how it is determined
- Explain what capacitance means and how it is calculated
- Understand two important properties of electricity, current and ...
Get Electricity and Electronics for Renewable Energy Technology now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.