Chapter 6. Working with files
This chapter covers
- Determining if the content has been edited and is unsaved
- Modifying the window’s title based on the state of the currently active document
- Using custom interactions available to windows in applications running on macOS
- Implementing append documents to the operating system’s list of recent documents
- Watching for changes to the current file from the operating system
Over the previous two chapters, we implemented the ability to read a file from the filesystem and display it in a browser window of our application. This exercise demonstrated how interprocess communication works in Electron, as well as Electron’s ability to bridge the gap between a traditional browser-based application and a Node.js ...