The Fiendishly Fun Way to Master Electronic Circuits!
Fully updated throughout, this wickedly inventive guide introduces electronic circuits and circuit design, both analog and digital, through a series of projects you'll complete one simple lesson at a time. The separate lessons build on each other and add up to projects you can put to practical use. You don't need to know anything about electronics to get started. A pre-assembled kit, which includes all the components and PC boards to complete the book projects, is available separately from ABRA electronics on Amazon.
Using easy-to-find components and equipment, Electronic Circuits for the Evil Genius, Second Edition, provides hours of rewarding--and slightly twisted--fun. You'll gain valuable experience in circuit construction and design as you test, modify, and observe your results--skills you can put to work in other exciting circuit-building projects.
Electronic Circuits for the Evil Genius:
- Features step-by-step instructions and helpful illustrations
- Provides tips for customizing the projects
- Covers the underlying electronics principles behind the projects
- Removes the frustration factor--all required parts are listed, along with sources
Build these and other devious devices:
- Automatic night light
- Light-sensitive switch
- Along-to-digital converter
- Voltage-controlled oscillator
- Op amp-controlled power amplifier
- Burglar alarm
- Logic gate-based toy
- Two-way intercom using transistors and op amps
Each fun, inexpensive Genius project includes a detailed list of materials, sources for parts, schematics, and lots of clear, well-illustrated instructions for easy assembly. The larger workbook-style layout and convenient two-column format make following the step-by-step instructions a breeze.
Make Great Stuff!
TAB, an imprint of McGraw-Hill Professional, is a leading publisher of DIY technology books for makers, hackers, and electronics hobbyists.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Electronic Circuits for the Evil Genius™
- Copyright Page
- Common Components, Symbols, and Appearance
PART ONE Components
- 1 Components
- 2 Resist If You Must
- 3 More Components and Semiconductors
- 4 Two Projects and Then Some More
PART TWO Introduction to Digital Electronics
- 5 Digital Logic
- 6 The First NAND Gate Circuit
- 7 Analog Switches for Digital Circuits
- 8 The NAND Gate Oscillator
- 9 How Do We Understand What We Can’t See?
- 10 Digital Logic Project
PART THREE Counting Systems in Electronics
- 11 Introducing an Analog-to-Digital Converter
- 12 The 4017 Walking Ring Counter
- 13 Running a Seven-Segment Display
- 14 Define, Design, and Make Your Own Project
PART FOUR Amplifiers: What They Are and How to Use Them
- 15 What Is an Amplifier?
- 16 Exploring the Op Amp
- 17 Applying the Op Amp: Building the Intercom
- 18 Prototype and Design: Patience Has Its Rewards
- PART FIVE Appendices
- Title: Electronic Circuits for the Evil Genius 2/E
- Release date: October 2010
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill Education TAB
- ISBN: 9780071744133
You might also like
Electronics from the Ground Up: Learn by Hacking, Designing, and Inventing
Discover the inner-workings of electronics through innovative hands-on experiments Are you fascinated by the power of …
Practical Electronic Design for Experimenters
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, …
Electronics All-in-One For Dummies, 2nd Edition
A comprehensive collection of 8 books in 1 offering electronics guidance that can't be found anywhere …
Complete Electronics Self-Teaching Guide with Projects
An all-in-one resource on everything electronics-related! For almost 30 years, this book has been a classic …