Python is one of the most popular programming languages in the world, with its demand increasing by the minute. Pytest - one of the most actively maintained testing frameworks in the industry - provides an incredible set of tools for faster, less stressful testing. In this course, you’ll learn how to eliminate boilerplate setup and teardown code, run multiple tests simultaneously, and track your test run history to identify slow or problematic tests.
Beginning with a brief introduction and a step-by-step setup of pytest, this course will walk you through each session. You’ll discover what makes a good framework, and, more importantly, what makes a bad one. As you advance, you’ll learn how to use test searching to avoid cumbersome test suites, and how fixtures can eliminate up to 80% of code in case of code bloat. This interactive course is also equipped with information-rich videos to help you grasp the concepts with ease.
By the end of this course, you’ll be ready to build high-performance, well-organized, scalable test frameworks on the professional level.
What You Will Learn
- Delve into one of the most in-demand fields in today s tech market - automated testing
- Build high-performance automated test suites with actionable reporting
- Discover how to eliminate boilerplate setup and teardown code
- Find out how to run multiple tests simultaneously
- Get to grips with tracking the history of your test runs
This course is for anyone looking to build or improve an automated testing framework.
About The Author
Brandon Blair: Brandon Blair is a Software Engineer who designs fast, scalable, and maintainable frameworks for automated testing in the UI (browser), backend/API, and mobile testing domains. He is passionate about delivering critical insights to teams at short notice by giving them powerful automation tools and enjoys teaching strong foundational concepts to others, along with focusing on problem-solving.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Setting Up Your Environment
Chapter 3 : The Pytest Framework
- Getting started with Pytest
- Test Searching
- Save Time and Code with Test Fixtures
- Reporting Test Results and Tracking Test History
- Customizing Test Runs with the Command Line and Configuration Files
- Handling Skips and Expected Failures
- Cross-Browser and Data-driven testing with parametrize
- Fast Testing with Pytest-xdist, and Parallel vs Concurrent
- Chapter 4 : Writing Great Tests
- Title: Elegant Automation Frameworks with Python and Pytest
- Release date: May 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781800561489
You might also like
Python Unit Test Automation: Automate, Organize, and Execute Unit Tests in Python
Learn how to automate unit tests of Python 3 with automation libraries, such as doctest, unittest, …
Complete Python Scripting for Automation
Over the last few years, Python has gained immense popularity. The demand for the programming language …
Browser Automation with Python and Selenium
Python is one of the most popular languages in the world and its demand is only …
Selenium Python Automation Testing from Scratch and Frameworks
Python is a popular choice for implementing Artificial Intelligence and web security in any application. This …