D. Software Packages
While Polymath 6.1 is the primary software package for the majority of the problems requiring numerical solutions, MATLAB and Wolfram are also available. In addition, one can use COMSOL and Aspen to solve a few selected problems.
D.1.A About Polymath
Polymath 6.1 is the primary software package used in this textbook. Polymath is an easy-to-use numerical computation package that allows students and professionals to use personal computers to solve the following types of problems:
• Simultaneous linear algebraic equations
• Simultaneous nonlinear algebraic equations
• Simultaneous ordinary differential equations
• Data regressions (including the following)
• Curve fitting by polynomials and splines
• Multiple ...