Appendix A Design checklist
Many factors must be considered when looking at the EMC aspects of a design, and it is easy to overlook an important point. This generic checklist is provided for you to assess your design against as it proceeds. For particular classes of design, you will want to expand it with your own experience.
• Design for EMC from the beginning; know what performance you require
• Partition the system into critical and non-critical sections:
• determine which circuits will be noisy or susceptible and which will not
• lay them out in separate areas as far as possible
• select internal and external interface locations to allow optimum common mode current control
• Select components and circuits with EMC in mind:
• use slow ...