Book descriptionTraditional hierarchical structures are falling – is your organisation ready?
Emergent provides a handbook for navigating – and thriving in – the new cultural paradigm. More than a simple DIY for change, this book empowers organisations to diagnose change risk, address current shortcomings and adapt to the increasing current away from hierarchies to autonomous and interdependent networks. Unguided, most fail in their attempt; this shift exposes huge skills deficits, a lack of engagement, lack of value and meaning, market reach, penetration and more. Here, a twenty-year veteran of brand and culture transformation outlines a unique governance framework and blueprint for implementing and co-creating your own cultural shift. Methodologies from crowdsourcing and social movements are adopted as tools for initiating change and creating cultural cohesion around a higher purpose, and essential skills and tools help equip organisations and individuals for the emergent future.
Today's workplace demands are creating extraordinary challenges for organisations; power is shifting, and the spotlight has forced businesses to engage with stakeholders in more meaningful ways, and to acknowledge a need for radical ‘humanization' of the workplace. To drive successful change you need to spark a movement. This book provides a way forward through the transition, with expert guidance and a clear, actionable framework for implementation.
- Adopt a unique governance framework for culture transformation
- Energise, mobilise and catalyse change, innovation and growth
- Address skills deficits, values misalignment, failed engagement and more
- Ignite your organisation's purpose and forge sustainability for the future
The demand for greater values alignment, autonomy and individual empowerment – fuelled by technology and increasing interdependencies – is bringing down the traditional power structure. The question is: what moves into its place? A strong organisational culture is the difference between surviving and thriving in the marketplace. Emergent provides a practical blueprint for transformation to help your organisation navigate the shift successfully.
Table of contents
- About the author
Part I: Innovation
- Chapter 1: Challenging the fear and fatigue of change
- Chapter 2: Navigating workplace complexity
- Chapter 3: Naked and extraordinary
Part II: Transformation
- Chapter 4: From institutional to collective power
- Chapter 5: Corporate social responsibility is dead
- Chapter 6: Conscious leadership and culture
Part III: Evolution
- Chapter 7: A culture for engagement
- Chapter 8: Co-creation: Test. Fail. Learn. Adapt.
- Chapter 9: The sacred geometry of higher purpose
- Conclusion ... or is it really the beginning?
- Title: Emergent
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780730336815
You might also like
Leading for Organisational Change
Harness the seven key elements of successful organisational change Leading for Organisational Change is an intelligent …
The Business Model Book
Business models are the beating heart of your firm's value proposition. Great business models drive rapid …
The Essentials of Theory U
Creating a Better Future This book offers a concise, accessible guide to the key concepts and …
Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
Don't simply show your data—tell a story with it! Storytelling with Data teaches you the fundamentals …