The fast, fun, and complete video guide to succeeding as a new leader!
You’ve identified your company’s rising stars…maybe you’re one of them! Either way, you know new leaders are excited at the opportunity to leadand they wonder just what it’ll take to succeed. In Emerging Leaders, Jeff Havens brings together all the knowledge anyone needs to become the kind of leader others want to follow. One of North America’s leading presenters on business success, Havens brings fun to the learning process, so his audiences enjoy every minuteand never forget his crucial takeaways. Now, in 20+ minutes of powerfully compelling video, Havens covers everything new leaders need to know up front: how to prepare physically and mentally for a new leadership role…how to interact more effectively with the people you’re leading…how to develop a vision for your team or organization…how to strengthen your long-term thinking skills…how to handle mistakes and failures…how to motivate people the right way…how to execute! There’s no faster way to supercharge your leadership skills: just watch!
About the Instructor
A former teacher and stand-up comedian, Jeff Havens has become one of North America’s most popular business presenters. His extraordinary ability to deliver high-quality education in an entertaining way has earned him dozens of repeat clients, all of whom appreciate his insistence that education is the only way that we improve at anything, and that we’ll all improve better and faster if we enjoy the learning process. By combining traditional presentation content with the entertainment value of a comedy show, Havens has found enthusiastic audiences in government, academia, small businesses, and the Fortune® 50, all while still being one of the youngest members of the professional speaking circuit. A Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Vanderbilt University, he lives in Michigan with his wife, Laura, and their dog, Pancake. He is author of Us vs. Them: Redefining the Multi-Generational Workplace to Inspire Your Employees to Love Your Company, Drive Innovation, and Embrace Change. For more information, visit www.jeffhavens.com.
What You Will Learn
- How to prepare both physically and mentally for a new leadership role
- How to apply successful techniques for interacting effectively with the people you’re leading
- How to bring more vision and deeper long-term thinking to your work as a leader
- How to overcome the mistakes every new leader makes, and build your confidence
Who Should Take This Course
- For everyone moving into a leadership or management position for the first time
- For every HR professional, senior leader, coach, trainer, or mentor who wants to help new leaders succeed
- No leadership or management experience required
Table of Contents
Learn how these videos will help you master crucial core skills in leadership, and how you can use them most effectively.
Part 1: Preparing For A Leadership Role
Make the right first impression, focus on what you can really influence, and use failures as a gateway to greater success.
Part 2: Interacting With Your Employees
Find the right ways to work with and motivate employees and colleaguesand avoid the wrong ways.
Part 3: Thinking Like A Leader
Help shape and communicate your organization’s vision… go beyond talk, to effective execution… develop and promote a healthy attitude towards change.
Recognize that you now have the leadership tools you’ll need to succeed!
Table of contents
Emerging Leaders Video Series
- Episode 1: Everyone Judges a Book By Its Cover 00:02:09
- Episode 2: Give It 20% 00:01:49
- Episode 3: LEADERSHIP: You're Going to Fail...a lot 00:02:08
- Episode 4: Who Left the Door Open? 00:01:26
- Episode 5: The Danger of Too Much Fraternizing with Your Employees 00:01:45
- Episode 6: A Terrible (and Terribly Common) Way to Motivate Others 00:03:50
- Episode 7: The Importance of Vision 00:01:44
- Episode 8: The Importance of Execution 00:01:37
- Episode 9: Sentences of the Terrified! 00:02:04
- Title: Emerging Leaders Video Series
- Release date: December 2015
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 0134465482
You might also like
The Art of Leadership (Audio Book)
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with managers who practice or …
Leadership by the numbers
A series of simple numbers can represent a useful and memorable corpus of hard-earned leadership experience. …
Executive Toughness: The Mental-Training Program to Increase Your Leadership Performance (Audio Book)
People with inborn talent may be good at what they do—but only the mentally tough reach …
Influencing People Honestly
The word “influence” rightfully smacks of manipulation. But what if you could influence others using communication …